- Casiño said Bongbong, as a son, should not be held accountable for Marcos Sr.’s sins
- However, the vice presidential aspirant should share blame for many other things
- This includes taking part in his father’s alleged corruption and for continuouslyw denying the alleged abuses committed
MANILA, Philippines – Former Bayan Muna party-list Representative Teddy Casiño agrees that senator and vice presidential aspirant Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. cannot be made accountable for his father’s alleged abuses and injustices committed during the latter’s more than two decade rule.
However, Casiño said, the son and namesake of the former dictator should be made to account for other things – mainly for agreeing and taking part in the alleged corruption his father has committed, and for continuously denying the atrocities of the so-called ‘conjugal dictatorship.”
In his short WordPress blog “My beef with Bongbong Marcos”, the activist-lawmaker wrote he agreed with others who believes Bongbong should not be blamed over his father’s sins since he was only a kid when the “corrupt and brutal” dictatorship was imposed by the late strongman.
“It is not his fault to be the son of Ferdinand and Imelda and to have grown up so used to the trappings of absolute power and shielded from the realities of ordinary Filipino lives,” Casiño said.
However, Casiño further noted, Bongbong should be held accountable for many other things, such as:
- Agreeing to and taking part in his father’s corruption, human rights atrocities and other abuses when his family was in power.
- His continuing cover-up of his family’s ill-gotten wealth and complicity in various schemes to rob the Filipino people.
- His continued enjoyment of such wealth and its use to keep his family in power.
- His continued denial, despite facts, historical accounts and official documents, of the atrocities of his parent’s conjugal dictatorship.
- His insistence that his father’s decision to impose martial law and one-man rule was correct and that the Philippines never had it so good during this period.
- His lying about his Oxford degree. (Click here to read more)