- An Indonesian singer was bitten by a King Cobra mid-performance on stage
- She accidentally stepped on the snake which was not defanged and still venomous
- She kept on singing for 45 minutes before succumbing to the snake bite
- The singer is known to use snake as props in her performances
An Indonesian singer succumbed to snake venom after she was bitten while performing on stage on Sunday evening, April 3.
The Coconuts Jakarta mentioned in its article that 29-year-old pop singer Irma Bule was performing before an audience in a village in Karawang, West Java when she was bitten on the leg by a King Cobra she used as props on the stage.
Bule had just finished her first song and was on her second set when she accidentally stepped on the snake. Apparently, the reptile was still venomous and not defanged yet.
Witnesses said the singer didn’t look affected at first and even went on with her performance despite being bitten. She reportedly also refused an antidote from the snake handler.
“In the middle of the second song, Irma stepped on the snake’s tail. The snake then bit Irma in her thigh,” Coconuts Jakarta quoted one Ferlando Octavion Auzura as telling local media.
However, Bule started vomiting and had seizures 45 minutes later.
“The effects were felt 45 minutes after the bite. She vomited, had seizures, and her body seized,” said Ferlando. (Click here to read more)
Watch one of Irma Bule’s performances below (Credit: You Tube/Apalah Apalah):